Welcome

A review of last night and what's for dinner tonight.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

St. Paddy's Day.......

Well I made this dish last night called Chicken Divan and Mint-Cilantro Rice.  It was AWESOME!!!!  I took some chicken legs and lined them in a 9x13 baking dish.  Made this sauce with cream of broccoli soup, mayo, curry, pepper, lemon juice.  Poured it over the chicken and then put mozzerella cheese on it then put bread crumbs mixed with butter over that.  Put it in a 350 degree oven for an hour (when the chicken reached a temp of 180).  For the rice I took 2 tbsps olive oil and sauteed the rice til golden brown and then added some green onions and then added lite coconut milk and chicken broth (keeping the 2 cups liquid per 1 cup rice ratio).  Brought that up to a boil reduced heat and simmered for 15 minutes.  Removed from the heat added some cilantro and mint (fresh and chopped).  Let stand for about 10 minutes.  It was so good.  The kids told me that I had to make it again.  I know I did real good when the kids tell me to make something more then once.

For dinner tonight I decided not to make corned beef and cabbage.  Instead I am making Bangers and Mash.  I was thinking that this year I was gonna make something strong to my roots lol.  I picked traditional Bangers and Mash just because of the name.  We will see how this all turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment