Welcome

A review of last night and what's for dinner tonight.

Friday, March 18, 2011

Let Us See......

So I decided that I wasn't gonna cook Corned Beef and Cabbage last night like so many people did.  Instead I went in search of a traditional Irish meal.  Looking through the list I found a recipe that just jumped out at me.  The name Bangers and Mash.  I didn't care how complex this recipe was I was gonna make it.  I opened it up and saw how easy it was.  All I did was quartered 8 medium potatoes covered them with water, put them on the stove to boil, added salt and let them get tender.  While those were cooking I took beef sausage and heated it in a skillet, removed that from the pan added a tbsp of butter, diced a medium onion, fried that up, and then made a brown gravy (dry mix from package).  Put half in a baking dish then put the sausage in the pan.  I then mashed the potatoes to the consistancy I liked.  Put them on top of everything, then put the rest of the gravy on top of that.  Put all that in the oven at 350 for about 30 minutes and dinner was done.  It was so yummy.  The kids asked if I can make it again.  WOO HOO 2 days in a row made something that they asked me to make again.

Dinner tonight... I am going to make Shrimp Jambalaya minus the meet so just shrimp.  Never made it so we will see how this will turn out lol.  A lot of my cooking with seafood is relatively new.  I have made some things like fish sticks or premade fish fillets.  This is a good adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment